Most helpful customer reviews
65 of 67 people found the following review helpful.
I thought they would be more absorbent
My DD is 5 months old and is a super drooler. So I wanted to buy a few bibs for her to catch her excessive drool. I love the Aden + Anais blankets so I thought I'd give the cotton snap bibs a try.
The pros are:
- They're super soft (just like their blankets) and get softer with each wash
- Side button snap is a plus. Velcro closures pick up hair/link and wear out over time. These snap bibs are easy to take off/on and don't scratch my daughter's face.
- Subtle colors and design. I like the soft colors and minimal design. I was looking for something that didn't have sayings like "mommy loves me" or "daddy's little girl". These bibs are beautiful. I get compliments whenever my daughter wears them.
- Oversized bibs. These are a nice, big size and provide ample coverage.
- They're not absorbent enough! My daughter easily drools through several of these a day. As much as I love the look of these bibs, they just don't function as well as some of the other bibs that I've purchased (like the Carter's bibs). I was initially trying to avoid buying bibs with the plastic liners, I can see why people buy those now.
These bibs would be best for light droolers or perhaps during the early feeding stages. If you have a moderate or heavy drooler, I'd recommend buying something more absorbent.
16 of 16 people found the following review helpful.
Absorbant but flawed design and not durable
I really like other aden+anais muslin bibs, specifically the style that snaps behind the baby's head rather than on the side. These bibs are big, so they cover a lot of area, which is great for a baby that spits up a lot, like mine. What I don't like about these bibs is the side snaps, which leaves a three-inch tab of fabric sticking up into my son's face when snapped (see photo). It would have been a much smarter design to install the snaps on the underside of the bib fabric, which would place the excess tab of fabric on the underside, out of baby's face.
Also, I've washed these twice and they're already falling apart. The muslin is shredding away at the seams.
20 of 21 people found the following review helpful. See all 687 customer reviews...
Best bibs ever
By Alli Miller
I'm a mother of 4. I have been through my share of bibs. It is only on my 4th that I have discovered these. I HATE velcro bibs. They snag baby's neck, snag my laundry, and wake my baby up when he's sleeping and I'm trying to get it off. Most bibs out there have some cutsie design on them that causes the bib to not absorb the milk or spit and it just dribbles off. These bibs are PERFECT. They are large, but still fit on my newborn from day one. Love the 3 adjustable snaps, love that they are on the side and not behind his head, and the material so so soft and absorbent. Not to mention, cute designs that do not say "I love mommy" on them. Wouldn't change a thing.